The following COVID-19 Jobsite Protocol is in place for all Subcontractors and Vendors on Barletta Associates, Inc. jobsites in order to maintain workplace health and safety.
1. Each jobsite will have specific work hours to be determined prior to the start of the project and communicated to all parties. Any work outside of these hours needs to be approved by the site supervisor.
2. All employees shall arrive on-site in their own vehicle – no ridesharing unless employees are from the same household.
3. Subcontractor shall ensure that employees always maintain social distancing and separation while entering and leaving and wear all appropriate PPE while on-site. a PPE – Subcontractor shall provide a breathing mask that meets CDC guidelines, cut-resistant gloves, safety glasses, and hardhats. No Exceptions. Subcontractors shall provide all PPE to their employees.
4. Daily toolbox talks are REQUIRED, will be held outside, follow social distancing guidelines, and include a review with each employee whether they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. Daily certification forms (Attached) need to be filled out with each employee’s information that will be on-site for any length of time during that workday.
Entrance/Exit to Jobsite
1. One designated entrance to each site will be used for all entry and exit and will be marked ‘Construction Entrance’. All other doors leaving the site or leading to common areas of the building will be marked for emergency use only.
2. When entering or leaving a site for breaks, lunch, or any other reasons, all individuals are required to wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol. Hand wash station and Sanitizer stations will be provided at entrance and throughout jobsite as required.
3. Before entering door marked ‘Construction Entrance’ Foreman will call site supervisor and wait for instructions. The superintendent’s contact information will be posted on the entrance door.
- Have any symptoms of COVID-19:
- Fever above 100.3 degrees
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Unexplained loss of taste or smell
- Certification states that all current employees on-site do/have not;
- Had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have not been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a health care provider or a local public health official.
2. On Site Superintendent will review the certification and screen and record each employee’s temperature prior to allowing access to site. Any individual with a temperature above 100.3 degrees will not be allowed entry to the site.
3. Any individual turned away from the site that displays COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed to return until medically cleared by a healthcare provider.
1. Supervisors/Foreman/Employees shall not congregate in groups larger than 10. All work is to be completed with individuals more than 6’ from one another whenever possible.
2. All on-site meetings should be eliminated as much as possible. In situation where on-site review and meeting is necessary, adhere to the 6-foot rule and no more than ten (10) people assembled in one space. Use Zoom/Skype/WebEx for any other meetings.
1. Subcontractor shall manage break/lunch areas in coordination with the on-site Superintendent to ensure that social distancing and groups with less than 10 people are maintained, along with immediate and complete cleanup/sanitization of break area.
2. Upon return to site contact the site superintendent for access.
Symptoms or Positive Testing
1. If anyone on-site reports any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or tests positive for COVID-19, that individual should be immediately sent home and be directed to review the symptoms with their medical professional. The symptoms and dismissal of an employee from site and any symptoms that occur between shifts resulting in the employee not reporting for work shall be communicated immediately with Barletta Associates, Inc using the attached form.
2. All impacted workers should follow CDC and the Massachusetts Department of Health (DPH) recommended steps concerning return to work. Workers who are considered close contacts to a COVID-19 case by public health authorities should not return to work for 14 days or as directed by a healthcare provider or public health official. Workers who leave during the work day due to COVID-19 symptoms and develop COVID-19 as confirmed by laboratory testing or diagnosis by a healthcare provider shall not return to the site until either released from isolation by a healthcare provider or public health official. Affected employees return to any Barletta Associates jobsite needs to be communicated prior to return.
There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for any infractions of the above protocols. Any individual that does not abide by these rules will be removed from site. Any individual that does not follow these rules a second time will not be allowed back on any Barletta Associates site. The health and safety of all workers with the ongoing pandemic is critical.